Saturday, May 3, 2014

Open wounds

Allow me to be transparent for a moment. I pray you are encouraged and impacted by this short article.

19 years ago was a very dark time in my life.  It was a night I'll never forget, I remember walking to the front of the apartment complex where I was visiting a friend. I had my 9mm pistol on my hip, several thousands of dollars in one pocket and a quarter kilo of cocaine in the other. Please understand I'm in no way glorifying this time in my life. I'm simply setting the stage for you in this short story. As i continued to walk down the steps of this complex I heard a loud BANG than my whole body shook! I honestly didn’t know what had just happened, it was like time was paused and everything went into slow motion. As a stood there in that moment of time I remember holding my side and slowing looking up. It was a hit squad of 3 men! Two of these men had AK47 assault rifles and the 3rd had two 9mm pistols. At that moment I did all i could which was to run and find cover. These men continued  to unload there weapons on me while i ran for cover. I had already suffered one sever gunshot that hit my front side stomach and exiting the side of my back. (To listen to my testimony Please visit our website)


The reason why I’m sharing this short part of my life is because this past week my gunshot wound  has reopened and I've been in a lot of pain on my wound area and even bleeding with some infection. This part of my life took place 19 years ago and my wound has never had any issues. I began to ask the Lord on this and why now of all times would my gun shot wound wound open up.  The Lord shared with me that right now one of the assignments that the enemy is using on the body is “OLD WOUNDS” he is attacking the children of God with areas in their lives where there was much hurt and pain. Emotional & spiritual Wounds that they thought they were healed from. It could be trauma from a childhood, rape, molestation, abuse even ministry wounds from leaders and people that were supposed to mentor you but instead hurt you.

The enemy has been using this attack to stop you from stepping into the season God has for you right now. He is reminding you of your past and attacking your mind even trying to take your identity by speaking untruths to you.

This is what Daddy says. This is TRUTH!

1 Peter 2:9
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Ephesians 2:10
For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Ephesians 1:4-5
For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will-

Colossians 2:13-14
When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross.
 
The Lord spoke this to me.
The Lord said "I am re-opening wounds in my people because it’s time to let out what has been trapped inside. I will restore every moment and heal every wound and i will Re-seal it and it will no longer hurt you. It will be made whole.”

2 Corinthians 5:17, ESV Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

For I will restore you to health And I will heal you of your wounds,’ declares the LORD, Because they have called you an outcast, saying “It is Zion; no one cares for her.”’
Thus says the LORD, ‘Behold, I will restore the fortunes of the tents of Jacob And have compassion on his dwelling places; And the city will be rebuilt on its ruin, And the palace will stand on its rightful place.

From them will proceed thanksgiving And the voice of those who celebrate; And I will multiply them and they will not be diminished,  I will also honor them and they will not be insignificant. Jeremiah 30: 17-19


Now is the time, The winds of change are at hand. God is healing old wounds and bringing restoration to his people and the land. “KOF” Keep on Fire!

Pete Garza
Radio Air Jesus Ministries
http://www.radioairjesus.com

No comments:

Post a Comment