Saturday, May 3, 2014

No where to Lay My Head

As I right this short blog my heart is just in a place of compassion, love, and even pain. Yesterday I was blessed to visit a awesome ministry of Messianic Jews. The culture and worship was beautiful. We were doing a film shoot for future TV production when all of a sudden a young lady walked in carrying a beautiful white lamb in her hands. I was so blessed by watching this women love on the Lamb, but what was beautiful was watching the Lamb respond to the women. It was obvious the love was a mutual feeling. During the message the Rabbi made a statement regarding the cross and the finished work of the cross. It was at that exact moment that the Lamb made a Loud "Baaaaaaaaaaa" sound as if it was saying "Amen!"

The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! John 1:29

The service was coming to an end when I noticed the women leaving the building with the Lamb. Something in my spirit made me to leap out of my chair and chase the women down. When I approached the women I asked her if I could please hold the Lamb. I didn't know what to expect after all it's not everyday or in my case 39 years that you hold a beautiful white Lamb. As the women handed me the Lamb I immediately felt the presence of God come over me. It was a moment I will never forget, As I had the Lamb in my arms it began to snuggle into my chest as if this lamb had known me it's entire life it than rested its head directly on my heart. This Lamb was resting on my heart and for that moment I experienced a deep intimacy, purity, and love of the father. You see this lamb was perfect, it was love and all it wanted was to lay his head in a safe place and to love whoever was willing to host him. Jesus was that Lamb and he had no where to rest His head.

But Jesus replied, "Foxes have dens to live in, and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place even to lay his head." Luke 9:58

He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before its shearers is silent, so he did not open his mouth.
Isaiah 53:7

The love of our daddy God is like none other. He loves us so much that he would send his son to die for our sin.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Let's not get caught up in all the Easter festivities and forget the true meaning of this coming Passover weekend. Jesus is Alive!! He is accessible to you and I right now. He is the Lamb. He's is the King.

Thank you for reading.

Pete Garza
Radio Air Jesus Ministries

http://www.radioairjesus.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment